Andyb01;204790 Wrote:
> I've bought mainly from iTunes but the DRM is a real pain as tracks have
> to be burned to CD before they can be converted.  A further issue with
> iTunes is that the output signal is really low and I always have to rip
> to wav and amplify in Audacity before ripping to mp3 and that's quite a
> disincentive!  Have tried tweaking loads of settings in iTunes but
> can't get round this problem so if anyone knows a solution then please
> post!
>
> I don't really think downloads offer value for money - better off with
> CDs at least you don't have to back them up!!
>
> Andy

Andy,

Burning iTMS purchased tracks to CD and then converting them to mp3's
worsens their already substandard sound quality (as both are lossy file
formats).  If all you want to do is play your iTMS tracks on your
Squeezebox, use QTFairUse instead.  It's much faster, you don't waste
CDR's, and you do not degrade the file sound quality any further...
well unless you decide to transcode into mp3 or other compressed
formats...

Just some advice...  ;-)

Cheers,

EnochLight