DrNic;207501 Wrote:
> I'm gutted that my Black SB3 will have this logo on - this is the first
> picture I have seen of its new branding.
> Snobbery - maybe, but it just looks shite (plus all my others are
> originals!)
> I would even have been happy with "Slim Devices" with "A Logitech
> Company" underneath like the logo on the homepage.
> One thing though - there better not be any power supply issues... :)
>
> Nic
>
> PS: when is the website going to reflect the while brand change?

Gutted! Wow! You take your branding seriously!

I happen to like Logitech's logo. Clearly, it was created by a
designer, and with all due respect to Sean and Company, I suspect the
Slim Devices logo was an in-house job. (Could be wrong, of course.) The
Logitech logo, visually, is a nice blend of whimsy and
“techy.” Proportionally, it's nice and "actively" balanced,
with a center of attention at a good "thirds" point. I also like the way
the logo is positioned on the aluminum bezel at a point that equates to
the proportion of aluminum to plastic on the face of the unit as a
whole.

I'm sure the "whiteness" of the logo in the photo is due to camera
flash.

Good job, Sean and Company!!

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | Home-brew PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 | PSB
Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects