I've seen this on and off for a long time.  I am fixed IP wireless.  I
think it must be a weakness in recovery from a lost packet.  I suspect
the DHCP renegotiate just triggers lost packets.

Pressing power several times fixes it for me.

Also - I've seen the display go blank while playing an internet radio
stream which the SB is playing directly.  The stream keeps playing.  So
the SB can maintain the connection to the stream but loose contact with
the server.  Seen the same thing playing an MP3 track from a Samba
server that houses my library.

I wish richard et.al. would take another look at the robustness of the
reconnect protocols between SB and the Server.

(I have recently been "forced" to install a 2.4 GH phone, and its made
the problem worse.  Its surely lost packet related, IMHO).

--
Millwood