tyler_durden;212127 Wrote:
> You don't need to wait, just use your imagination.  Switch to the
> appropriate skin on slimserver.  Take a screenshot and print it at
> scale to match the size of the apple display.  Now try to imagine
> reading the text and touching the hot spots on that small screen.
>
> It may be a cool device, but controlling slimserver with it isn't a
> good reason to buy it.
>
> TD
LOL.  Well the screen size/etc are similar to that of a Nokia 770 (4.1
vs 3.5).  I find the 770 useful but the browser crashes a lot and I
usually don't have it powered up or in arms reach so it ends up not
being used that often.  With the iPhone it'll automatically connect to
wifi and always be on and nearby so I think I'd get a lot more use of
it with SlimServer.  I played with the iPhone in a store and the
browser seemed pretty slick and handled zooming/scrolling very well.
Unfortunately the Apple store I went to had ran out of 8GB models
5minutes before I got there.  I could have easily picked one up over
the weekend but I wanted to wait on reviews before buying.

Sure it's an expensive toy, but combining my phone and ipod into one
saves me from lugging/charging two devices (and chargers) everywhere
and web browsing would come in handy at times and have the added bonus
as a SB remote...

-Greg

--
GoCubs