On 27-Sep-07, at 12:01 AM, Meatwad650 wrote:

> Here's a feature that would be cool for me.
>
> Support the ability to assign a "score" to a file format or somehow
> weight it so that I can state a preference.  In other words if I
> have a
> track in both FLAC and MP3 formats it'd be really cool if I had a
> way to
> say "only show/play the FLAC version".  But if the track is only in
> MP3
> then MP3 is fine.

This might already be possible with Erland's TrackStat plugin.  You
can rate the FLAC files
high and mp3 files low.  It then allows you to browse by rating.
What I don't know is if you can
set it up to show lower rated versions if nothing higher rated is
found with the same title/artist/album info.

My own setup, I have a music folder with FLAC and MP3.  Anything I
have in FLAC is duplicated to mp3
  using flac2mp3 and stored in a folder outside of the music tree.
If any mp3 albums in the music tree eventually
become available as FLAC, I erase the mp3 files in the music tree and
let flac2mp3 create new mp3 files outside of the tree.
it's nearly automated and thanks to the local Future Shop's lingering
clearance sales, I'm using it a lot.

-kdf