ML2008 uses Firebird 2.0.3 as the database back end according to

http://www.codeaero.com/music-label/ne_guide.htm

so some access via perl may be possible with

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbi-interbase/

but it might require a running firebird server (although I think this
could be done using the instructions in the first link) Probably more
effort than is required as ML2008 can export at least some of the data
out in other formats.  Or if the developers get their tagging working
soon you might not need to bother trying to get at the database
directly.

As I am lazy I would probably wait for Code Aero to sort out the
tagging issues rather than try and get into their database layout and
work out how to import the information to the Slimserver database and
it's probably different layout.

I hope you at least try slimserver and softsqueeze to see if you like
the way it works whilst waiting for the tagging function to be
released.

Regards
Andrew

--