I'm a newbie to this forum, so forgive me if this topic has already been
covered at length (please just direct me to the thread in that case).

I recently acquired a couple of Squeezebox 3's, and have set up one
with my Hi-Fi system, streaming the audio from my 'server' PC via a
wireless router. The Squeezebox connects via Toslink to a surround
receiver, and works perfectly playing DTS tracks from either WAV or
FLAC ripped DTS files.

But I also want to hear these same tracks on my second surround
receiver connected to the SlimServer PC (in a different room), also via
Toslink. Trouble is my present sound card (HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1
Gold with X10 SPDIF Input Extension board), though connected via
Toslink to my second DTS receiver, won't play DTS WAV/FLAC files
correctly (I just get the usual analogue white noise).

This board correctly plays DTS CDs & DVDs when the 'S/PDIF In Loopback'
option is selected, provided the disc drive's digital output is plugged
into the Mystique's (internal) digital input (the board is then simply
passing-through the DTS bit-stream from the disc to the Toslink
output). But playing a ripped DTS track (via any of several player
applications, including SoftSqueeze) somehow corrupts the DTS stream.
I'm guessing it's changing the gain via the board's software mixer,
even if I disable all inputs other than 'WAV' and set its 'volume' to
maximum.

So what I'm looking for is a (preferably low-cost) sound card that
allows playback of uncorrupted DTS WAV and FLAC files via a Toslink
output to an external DTS surround receiver, using any common player
software (but particularly SoftSqueeze and SqueezeSlave [now preferred
over the flaky SoftSqueeze]). The board must also have a Toslink input,
for digital recording.

Anybody have experience with such a board? Recommendations?  Preferably
something available in Australia (the Audigy 2 Platinum eX Audio Cards
currently being sold on eBay are not available to Australia).
Incidentally, I'm running Windows 2000 in a PC with PCI slots and room
on the front for a 5.25" module if required, if that's relevant.

--
DanielTheGreat