Solvason-Pastuch;243043 Wrote:
> How about something that just plain works, without the neverending
> nightly
> updates and techie tweaking.  I AM an electrical engineer and I have
> reached
> the point where I think a multi-CD player would work much better.

What 'doesn't plain work' in the current version of Slimserver (6.5.1)?
There's no compulsion to download nightlies, unless you want the
additional features provided (for free).

I am downloading nightlies to facilitate Jive beta testing, but prior
to that, I've been using Slimserver since I bought my first SB1 and I
haven't encountered any need for 'neverending updates and techie
tweaking'. I've tended just to use the latest official release of SS.
My experience is that once set up, it does just plain work. YMMV.

--
Fifer