You've worried me now!

I believe this issue, however, relates to the scanning of the music
library. At the moment it scans when you explicitly force it, or at
scheduled intervals. Using inotify (on Linux) will ensure that it will
immediately pick up any changes to make without having to explicitly
force a rescan.

I didn't think this had anything to do with player synchronisation
(which I'll agree is actually very complex). Are we talking about the
same thing?

Stuart