simondp;250889 Wrote:
> Guys, thanks for the responses.
>
> Yes, I forgot to mention that I have Sky broadband and use the router
> they sent me - a standard Netgear wireless adsl router. It all works
> pretty well, to be honest. I'm on the latest 'production' version of
> slimserver - 6.5.4 and have the latest ts-109 firmware. It's just
> frustrating having to press play again to get the music going, or
> restart the internet radio stream.
>
> The thing with the laptop is strange. I put it into hibernate as
> standard. When it 'comes alive' again, the squeezeboxes stop. If it's
> music, they'll restart eventually. If it's radio, they'll stop until
> told to restart. Then everything is fine until the next hiccup sometime
> later. MP3's normally play just fine for hours on end, it's the radio
> that's the hang-up. Maybe that suggests the router could be the
> problem, as everything goes through that...
>
> I don't think I've got anything fancy turned on in the router settings.
> It's a basic wireless 54mb/s network. I've changed the channel on the
> laptop card and the router a couple of times due to neighbouring
> competitors! Is there a way to select the channel for the squeezebox??
>
> Wired is a no-no, I'm afraid. It just has to be wireless.
>
> Personally, I'm kinda ok with the setup. It's just not reliable enough
> for the good lady, as she can't be doing with the technical maintenance
> that it currently requires. If I can just get it sorted and bedded-in..
> (until SC7 gets released!)..

I maintain 2 wireless networks in my house to separate my bursty PC
traffic from the music stuff.  I figured it was just easier, and I've
never had any issues with my SB2 for either FLAC or MP3.  Don't know if
that would help you or not.  Obviously if your PC is 802.11b vs. G, that
could cause some issues since it limits bandwidth of the wireless system
(even for the G nodes).

--
thomsens