Hi,

first of all congrats on the new hardware. Been following the
development for a while, and it is all very exiting news.

Question:

Does the controller work over normal TCP/IP ? So that it can connect
from any location ? Can it connect directly to the squeezenetwork ? Is
tunneling over SSH possible?

Thanks for any answers.

Ramblings:

I too think the price of the controller is a bit steep. But.

1. Mobile phones are priced very differently, and the least one should
do is compare with the total cost, i.e. including mandatory 6/12/...
month subscription.

2. Most phones, and in particular the OS they are running have HUGE
turnovers.

3. That the hardware is advanced does not alone justify the price for
an end user, and the argument that functionality could/can/will be
extended by the community is dubious to say the least...

4. But think about what you are getting (I hope). A unique graphical
color interface, presumably optimized and fully integrated with the
rest of the slim-systems and specifically designed for the purpose. The
nerds among us will always have this naggering thought that our
symbian/iphone/embedded linux/pda could do the job just as well. But
the fact is that currently none other alternative will provide what the
new controller does in terms of "system completeness". Whether that's
worth 300$ or not compared to more home-made but functionality wise
equivalent solutions is the question that I am asking myself.

Regards Bjorn

--
bhaagensen