konut;255304 Wrote:
> Am I corect in assuming that a router isn't needed? That the controller
> can connect directly to my laptops WiFi?

I believe that a router isn't needed in that the controller can connect
directly to the -Squeezebox Receiver-, not a laptop, i.e. the SBR
functions as an ad-hoc AP.

dem;255309 Wrote:
> When it's in standby, is the LED off?  I'm thinking of putting one in a
> bedroom.  It sounds like it would be handy to use the controller while
> lying in bed.

It sounds like you're asking about the controller, which ModelCitizen
answered, but Mike Valera was talking about the SBR.  Not sure about
that one as I haven't seen an SBR, he'd have to answer.  Obviously one
of those super-bright blue LEDs would be undesirable for use in a
bedroom!

--
Mark Lanctot

Sean Adams: "So you mean, aside from the fact that Squeezebox does not
do 96KHz, why doesn't it do 96KHz?"