On 8-Jan-08, at 9:26 PM, erland wrote:

> Nostromo;256229 Wrote:
>> What would be the point of the Controller having a DAC otherwise?
>>
>> Maybe I got it all wrong, but the Controller isn't simply a fancy
>> remote, its also a portable Squeezebox. You can plug headphones in it
>> or a boombox or whatever.
> It will be a portable SqueezeBox but it isn't yet. The reason it isn't
> yet, is that the headphone output is still not enabled on the
> Controller.

Technically, it is enabled.  The sound effects can be heard through
the headphone jack if you plug in.
The main speaker, however, does not turn off when you do and there is
no utility on the controller for playing music (yet)
There was a thread on the jive forum regarding the use of squeezeslave
on jive.  It worked, but something official would need to be far
better optimised.

-kdf