autopilot;256517 Wrote:

> The reasons it beats all the other devices for me are;
>
> 1) Always on wifi - because it mostly in the dock wifi is always on -
> other devices like the PSP, PDA etc constantly lose the connection when
> idle - it takes a few seconds to log on and drives me mad when i just
> want to flick tracks but have wait.
>
> 3) Start up time - with say my PSP, i not only had to switch it on, log
> on to the network, but i also had to load the web browser. With the SBC
> it's just there - i grab it and its ready to use before my eyes even
> get chance to focus on it.

100% with you on that.  I have used my Nintendo DS Browser to control
the Squeezebox a few times, and it was painful for both of the reasons
you specify there.  You run into #3 when you start, but even after
everything is loaded, you run into #1; after it times out you have to
not only get back on the network but then refresh the page!

Note that even though those were dealbreakers for the most part, it WAS
fun to use the DS to control the music.  It actually looked good and was
quite operational, but only while it was a live connection.

--
thing-fish

' Most Recent Tracks'
(http://www.last.fm/user/thing-fish/?chartstyle=basicrt10)