erland;256935 Wrote:
> If thinking about writing your own server, this thread may be of
> interest, it contains two alternative simple servers:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=38173

erland thank you very much,

Of course, i am not thinking on developing a new server from scratch.
It is obvious that there is too much work to do such a thing.

Does anybody know any sample server written in JAVA ? I have found one
which is called slimpy. Any experience on this?

Also,

i need you to approve that everything i am writing above is right. I
mean for the two steps/levels (a. slimproto communication and b.
delivery of real data)

And finally, what are the available options to deliver remotely hosted
mp3 files (on-demand or via playlists) on slim devices?
The one option is of course by utilizing a web server to deliver the
mp3 files on slim devices.
Any other option?

Thank you very much.

--