I'm generally in sympathy with you - if not actual agreement.  I'm in my
mid-50s and have become increasingly presbyopic over the years.  But I
can't see this happening for a couple of reasons: For one thing, it
would be lousy business practice.  For another, there's a lot more to
introducing a new product than "debuting a prototype" - you gotta
design it first.  I'm sorry that the Powers That Be decided on a
smallish screen for the controller, but I'm going to withhold judgment
until I've had a chance to peer at it with my own bleary, rapidly
declining eyeballs.

--
Enoch Soames