Fifer;257966 Wrote:
> I have to disagree. I'm not sure of your definition of 'faithful'...I've
> used a laptop, a Pocket PC with a SD wireless card and a Nokia 770. None
> were very satisfactory. But the Jive handset (now the controller) does
> almost everything I wanted, it's responsive, intuitive and frankly, a
> joy to use. It is more expensive than I expected, but it's just what
> this 'faithful' user had been waiting ages for.

Agreed.  I consider myself one of the 'faithful' (I own 2 Squeezebox
and referred another friend into buying one himself) but do no hacking
whatsoever.  The closest I get to tooling around is to try an
occasional nightly build of SqueezeCenter, and that's usually only to
fix an occasional bug or obtain new features.

At first announcement, I was one of the vocal who bitched about the
Controller's price, but I have now resigned myself to eagerly awaiting
it's retail release and will be one of the first to order it.  I've
tried a Nokia 770, a PSP, a laptop, and now my iPhone.  Although all of
them work, the Controller will work much better and integrate as a
proper remote control should: fast/responsive and intuitive.

I'm just trying to decide whether or not I want to blow an extra $100
USD and just get a Duet.  I'm sure I can find a use for a 3rd
Squeezebox (receiver)!  ;-P

--
EnochLight