Phil Leigh wrote:
> Mark Lanctot;258891 Wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>

>> Why would you want to?
>>
>> With the SB3 the answer is yes, simply press and hold left to get back
>> to network setup, skip everything but the "select music source" step
>> and specify a different server/IP.  However with the SBR you might have
>> to go through setup again using the Controller.
>>

>> Thinking about this - it might be!  In my situation, I have a static IP
>> network.  If I get an SBR and turn it on, how can I tell it what its IP
>> address will be?  It can't get on the network.  Chicken-and-egg?
>>
>> DHCP makes things a little easier but as many posts on this forum show,
>> DHCP is far from foolproof.
>>

> Sadly DHCP is as far away from foolproof as anything can be IMHO. I
> honestly wouldn't dream of using it with an SB - it was nothing but
> trouble, whereas static IP has been fine. DHCP always worked fine for
> my laptops.

Yeah, right. thousands and thousands of PC at my place of work use DHCP
exclusively. Never a problem. If you have DHCP related problems it's not
because of th eprotocol, but some implementation. I never had DHCP
problems with my home router and several SB3's, neither with fixed or
dynamic addresses.

Regards,
Peter