Hey Greg, sounds like you are well on the way, just a few more comments
in respose to these last few posts.

CBC radio 1 is definitely available via internet, but of course a tuner
is good and simple.

The human hearing system is incapable of determining the height of a
sound provide unless the head is tilted, believe it or not! More
important factors for us are wiring considerations and what I call
acoustical envelope - i.e. how can we cover the majority of the room
with decent stereo sound. Often on (or in) wall does a better job of
this than in ceiling (but an extra pair of in ceiling speakers works
wonders!)

agree with the last post, run Cat6 cable, very important for upgrades.

--
friendlyfire