Took me two days to get caught up with this thread!

Respectfully; lot's of you guys are audiofile nerds, which is
great/fine.

Let me tell you, the Duet, out of the box, is a great thing for the
rest of mankind.   I've been struggling with a Cd30 WIFI system for the
last couple of years.  When if works, it's fine, but still you have no
Wifi remote and my amp that powers all these indoor and outdoor
speakers is on the first story.   We basically live on and listen to
most of the music on the second story.  The new controller will enable
us to access and control the music for the first time.   We can't wait.

With the Cd30, I had their software running continously on the
downstairs computer with about 50GB's of music on it.  The Crown amp
runnig the whole house stereo/speakers is controlled by an X10
electrical switch with remote from anywhere around the house.  Whenever
you want to listen to music, you just turn of the amp via X10 remote
(which are cheap)

Sound quality if just fine for this system as I'm not trying for
anything but background music as we go about our day or for parties.

Thanks for all the great posts, I learned tons and will buy the Duet as
soon as it's avaialbe.

Tim

--
Timinator