I think many Americans seem to be under the impression the
British/English care a great deal, which mostly they dont - we know
full well that English is an bastardised illogical mish mash of Old
English, French, Latin and several other languages. Strangely enough,
it seems to often be the case that its the American friends i have
show the most Confusion and surprise at the they other nations speak
'their' language.

A lot of differences with US English comes from the fact the Europeans
that populated America (who did not speak English) had to adopt it - so
it was slightly simplified and many words are spelt more phonetically.
I.e. they could not understand why there would be a 'u' in colour
(color) so simply dropped it. Some changes makes perfect sense, some
don't.

Anyway... i was under the impression that Centre and Center are both
acceptable in the UK - but have slightly different situations. Might be
wrong, but i though we had a 'Community Center' and the 'Centre of a
circle' etc (or other way around).

Like i said, really dont care but i find it strangely interesting!

--
autopilot

SLIMSERVER:[/B] 7.0 APLHA (WINDOWS XP) + ALIENBBC, SLIMSCROBBLER &
LAST.FM.
*AMP:* CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (LIVING ROOM) / DENON MD30 (BEDROOM).
*SPEAKERS:* MISSION 701'S (LIVING ROOM) / KEF CRESTA 1'S (BEDROOM).
*REMOTE:* T-MOBILE MDA VARIO / HARMONY 525 (IR) / *BETA TESTING JIVE
REMOTE.
[B]Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)