seanadams;268581 Wrote:
> I feel like agreeing with you on some level, but I'm not sure what you
> mean by that.
>
> The source code is readable by anyone, by writeable by only a very
> select few. I don't think any useful analogy can be made.

sorry, lets consider it a bad metaphor.  i just meant it in a very
abstract sense, ie. the code isn't proprietary, why should the forum
be?  (i'm no george will)

seanadams;268581 Wrote:
> I hope you don't think that's what I was suggesting. Criticism is great,
> but there is a constructive and helpful way to go about it. I don't
> think that profanity and flaming should be accepted, whatever the
> subject matter.

no, not at all!  i was quoting you to make and expand on that point to
others, basically the people agreeing with the OP, and i definitely
agree on profanity and flaming, its just that "criticism" is very
broad...  what i see as constructive someone else might be offended by.

i just get the feeling that some here think "sucks" is beyond the pale,
and thats what i consider orwellian.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.5 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram -
D-Link DIR-655