Im another media monkey advocate. I also rip my CD's mostly to FLAC, but
also have mp3's aac's and others. Media Monkey is also excellent for
tagging, including album art which is nice for new i-pods with
coverflow (and should be good if i get round to buying the new sb
remote). I have a 160GB classic, and have set flac to be converted to
256kbs mp3 onto my i-pod. The initial sync took about 4 days(!!) and
the i-pod is a little over half full, but now It will just add new
tracks. This solves the biggest problem of keeping a lo-fi and hi-fi
library. Also you can hook up pretty much any device to media monkey
and set rules, so I use that to transfer songs to my phone which has
4gb storage.

--
bazeeem