Hi

Mostly the same reasons as bhaagensen.

I've been involved in the computer industry one way or another for over
30 years and I've never been impressed by anything M$ have ever done.

The cavalier attitude to product quality which M$ have demonstrated
time and time again simply does not meet my requirements for myself or
my customers.

I tolerate M$ OS and apps for business use only because I must exchange
files with other companies that use M$ products.

However, quality and reliability are everything when it comes to home
applications - no way is rebooting ever an acceptable solution - WAF
zero. I will never use a M$ based OS for any home control or
entertainment application.

M$ buying Logitech alone would be bad enough - I've always liked
Logitech mice - good quality and reliable. I fear that would change
once the bean counters at M$ apply the thumbscrews.

As for a M$ branded Duet or SB3 - how long would it be before it would
be necessary to use a M$ only server platform because of some perceived
benefit or misguided marketing directive?

I watch developments with interest and fear!

John

--
johndpar