MuckleEck;273327 Wrote:

> I have setup a custom DB tag in each FLAC file using MP3Tag but am
> struggling to get Erland's plug in to work!...I think  it is just
> patience and time to read the FAQ
If you are talking about the Multi Library plugin I don't think there
is a template for defining a library through a tag scanned with the
Custom Scan plugin. It is still possible to do but you will have to
customize the library definition and edit the the SQL statement.

If you like to define the library by a tag the easiest way is to put
the information in the COMMENT tag because this won't require Custom
Scan and the default library template in Multi Library allows you to
limit a library to a specific value in the COMMENT tag.

If you are talking about the Custom Browse plugin there are some menu
templates that can be limited to a specific custom tag, but I think the
best way to accomplish what you like is by defining the library with the
Multi Library plugin and use Custom Browse menus limited to the defined
library.

Craig;273347 Wrote:
> My daughter's SB only has a subset of my library on it which is defined
> by putting her name in a comments tag, I use Erlands plugins to achieve
> this. I'm not sure whether you can add a new menu to the SBC that just
> lists the subset though.

With the latest beta version of Multi Library/Custom Browse you should
be able to use the Custom Browse menus also on the SBC. They will be
put inside the main "Music Library" menu, I don't think there is a way
for a plugin to put menus directly on the home menu of the SBC but I
haven't investigated it in detail.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))