Got my Duet today (Friday) and I absolutely love it. This is my first
venture into PC based music and so far it couldn't be better.
I've been up the past few hours sitting in my listening room,
completely dark aside from the glow of the tubs of my preamplifier and
the LCD display on the Duet remote. It was maybe the best listening
experience I've ever had.

My one gripe: Sometimes I have a bad habit of not listening to a song
in its entirety and I attempt to change to another one. Being that I
know have my entire music library in the palm of my hand, this bad
habit is worse now than ever before. I noticed that sometimes if I try
and change to another song too soon, the remote will sort of freeze up
and the right arrow will just rotate and not carry out the command.
It's really not a huge deal, but are there settings I can change that
would allow prevent this from happening and allow me to change
songs/artists more rapidly?

And would someone mind giving me a layman's explanation of what LAME
is? I noticed that there are settings for this on the audio menu and I
was curious whether I needed to do anything with them. Reason I ask is
that the setting it's on now says "less quality, but fastest", and the
other end of the spectrum says "highest quality, but slowest". Is this
something I need to be concerned with?

Thanks guys!

--
Focker