Hi,

haunyack and cliveb. I'm using the RCA's, my pre doesn't have XLR.

So I finally took the plunge and I am really satisfied with it :) Now
that I've made the decision I am back to normal listening, i.e. not
listening for bass resolution, transients, clarity and all that crap :)
But seriously I quickly get tired of that, since it (for me) means not
listening to the music, but rather to it's components. The good thing
though is that the TP still sounds amazingly good to me.

But I must admit I made a mistake during my TP auditioning sessions. I
didn't consider repositioning my speakers. After having done that
(mostly changing toe-in) all the forwardness and hardness I was
speaking about earlier has turned in to a wide, but still detailed with
good imaging, soundstage with warmer sound. The difference is huge in my
setup. And I didn't change it that much. But perhaps it was a good thing
I forgot it; how does one handle this issue in AB(X)'ing?

Anyway, so the saga ends.

--
bhaagensen