I had this happening when I upgraded to Squeezecenter which includes
I-Tunes compatibility.  It was reading all my FLAC files from my
library but it was also getting duplicates from the I-tunes listing.  I
keep a seperate library of MP3s for my MP3 player and my wifes Nano she
won.  I didn't tell SqueezeCenter about this other directory but it
picked it up from the ITunes database.

I'm not sure if it would have brought forward both libraries if they
had both been the same files but since the proper library had flac
versions and the ITunes library had MP3 versions, it probably thought
they were two separate songs each.

I had to turn off the ITunes support and rescan.  Didn't need it
anyways.

Probably not your issue but you could give it a try.

--
Murph