JimC;288870 Wrote:
> EDIT: Saw your second post just now, and 50 seems low unless you have a
> lot of interference.  I'd suggest a call to Technical Support is in
> order.

Well, the 50 SNR was on the Controller (I believe the SNR rating on the
Controller applies to the Controller itself, right?), and the 10% signal
strength was on the Receiver; it seems unlikely that they're both
broken.

I'm planning on experimenting a bit more with router placement (it's
sort of buried under the desk right now, right by a bunch of power
cords, which has never mattered in the past, but seems non-ideal)  and
configuration, but I'd appreciate some guidance:

1.  What SNR on the Controller should I expect to see when close-up?

2.  What SNR on the Controller is the minimum usable level?

3.  What signal strength on the receiver is the minimum feasible level
for streaming FLAC with no risk of breakup (on a G-only network)?

Meanwhile, I was able to play with the Controller with the SB2 in the
living room, and it's pretty nifty.  It's got some rough edges yet, but
I pretty much expected that, and I'm very confident that you guys will
give it the spit and polish that I've come to expect from SD/L.

(And as a totally tangential note, the Logitech acquisition, whatever
else it may or may not do, has definitely been a good thing for
Squeezebox packaging.  That iPod-like fancy box is a far cry from the
utilitarian cardboard of the SB1...)

--
mkozlows