JimC;289741 Wrote:
> Please, chat amongst yourselves (but play nice).

absolutely, i feel i was doing just that, but mherger singled me out,
even though clearly it was not me to first be rude in that thread.  any
honest reading of that thread would see snarly attacked me first for no
reason whatsoever.  therefore i don't appreciate mherger singling me
out.

its also ridiculous that my SENTENCE was deleted/edited out, but none
of the rude things snarly said were.  i mean COME ON, this is why you
guys shouldn't be casting yourselves in the censor role to begin with.

in any case...

JIM, since you summed it up more or less succinctly, here are my
questions for you:

1. are you saying that "List albums by Band" is NOT meant to sort?

(i gather you are, but i think that means at the very least "List" is a
poor word choice there for that option, as it sounds a lot more like
SORT than 'show albums as by...')

2. should SC7 not be able to sort via the data from a mp3s TPE2 tag?

if not, why not?  why can't that be an "on" or "off" option?
(likewise, why can't such an option be added if need be?)

(it could simply use SC7s internal BAND tag, which is populated via
TPE2)

3. if no other data is in the mp3, why can't the TPE2 data populate
both the internal BAND and ALBUMARTIST SC7 tags?

4. just how am i supposed to get my tags to sort properly as is?

5. what is the point of giving us the option to "List albums by band"
if they are going to be sorted out of place?  is that not stupid?

what i am asking for is for slim to acknowledge the reality of many
users mp3 tags and circumstances.  i am hardly an anomally.

is slim just going to let this persist as is?  in other words, does
slim acknowledge there is a problem here, and that it needs fixed?

this is what i want someone from slim to address.

thx.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / Jive - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win
XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655