mherger;290052 Wrote:
> > Thanks for the explanation...but why would anyone want to run it as
> an
> > app rather than as a service? Is that a Vista "thing"?
>
> Support had to deal with a lot of issues when user tried to access
> iTunes or music on network shares: as a service by default is running
> in a different context (not the current user's "view"), it can neither
> read his registry to find iTunes, nor access mounted drives. Plus most
> users seem to have autologon enabled on XP. Thus we decided to change
> the default behaviour.
>
> --
>
> Michael

So here's what I'm wanting..

XP Pro: start as a service. With 7.0 I've tried starting at startup to
no avail. I still have to RDP to the "server" and signon to get SC up.

Music is on a share (NAS) Setting the network password for the user in
XP setup does not seem to translate as a user/password from within the
web server (on the SC box...) In fact, setting the user/password in
Firefox also doesn't result in a connection from the server to the
NAS..

--
pski