Another vote for the Acoustic Energy AEGO-M. Sensible sized subwoofer +
two *tiny* (but heavy!) mid+HF speakers. 90W RMS. Truly amazing sound
from such a small speaker system - hearing is believing.

I was sceptical, but have now replaced a pair of Monitor Audio Silver
S6s with the AEGO-Ms for reasons of space [Aside: they've only moved to
another room. I have two pairs of the Monitor Audios].

The sound quality of the AEGO-M is most definitely acceptable. I paid
approx GBP 90 from Amazon UK in Feb 08, but the price seems to vary
from week to week...

Kind regards

--
rperkin