Philip Meyer;292239 Wrote:

> I believe most people with classical music collections use Band for
> storing the orchestra, because there isn't a specific orchestra tag.
> That's a mis-use of the tag to some degree, but it isn't a mis-use of
> functionality.  Album artist is for grouping, whereas a contributor
> role is just someone that performs on a song.

Actually TPE2 isn't just 'Band', it is "The
'Band/Orchestra/Accompaniment' frame is used for additional information
about the performers in the recording."

So it is basically subsidiary information to the main performer tag
(TPE1).

Classical works should be tagged with the main performer (featured
soloist perhaps) in TPE1 and the Orchestra in TPE2.  For Completeness,
conductor would be in TPE3.

TPE2 or BAND is very useful on classical albums which often have
similar titles.

--
snarlydwarf