results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42805
Question: Would you buy a Slim Devices/Logitech branded amp?

- YES!
- NO!

KeithHarmon;295207 Wrote:
> This puts the SB on par with the powered Sonos option, although you
> can't listen to analog sources like you can with the Sonos (i.e.,
> listen to "the big game" in the next room from the cable box source
> which Sonos can do.

My SqueezeCenter host is next to an AV stack. One of the receiver Tape
Out analog feeds goes to a sound card in the SqueezeCenter host, which
encodes that as 320k MP3 for a Shoutcast server that I can tune on my
home network. The result is that I can listen to any analog source
(including cable TV) anywhere in the house. The main downside is that
there's a delay caused by the SqueezeCenter "Internet Radio buffer"
setting, so it works best when either only listening through the
Squeezeboxes or using Squeezeboxes far enough from the SC host that you
can't hear the AV speakers and therefore don't notice the delay.

My SC host also has a Griffin RadioShark USB tuner I use to listen to
analog FM radio through the Squeezeboxes.

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver FuzzyTime PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock