Nonreality;300398 Wrote:
> Here is his type of review.  He finds my post in the beta section about
> having freeze ups with the last two beta's.  He then posts here about
> having a freeze up.  Someone posts that they have read that someone
> else had a problem with the same thing.  He then posts at amazon or
> somewhere else:  "Even users of the Squeezecenter software keep
> reporting many problems with freeze ups, goto such and such a post
> without saying it's beta software or anything else.  This was exactly
> what he did with the duet review.  Like I said before if he is over
> that kind of stuff then I have no problem with him.  If he isn't then I
> will have a problem.

I really wish you wouldn't keep speculating.

Commenting on beta is a difficult one. If I have a problem and I'm NOT
using beta, I get feedback that I should update to the latest 7.0.1
beta code. They say they know it is beta, but it's better than the
release code and contains less bugs.

If I comment on beta, I get told that I am criticising beta code and
this isn't fair or accurate.

It's going to be a very difficult angle on my review, at least the
hardware isn't beta.

--
jaffacake

Ben - eco conscious techie and author of Jaffa's Green Blog -
http://www.jaffacake.net