larrettp;303515 Wrote:
> No, it's directly proportional to the size of the playlist. My point
> always has been that size, in a well designed database should not be an
> issue. Indexes and the removal of many-to-many tables would help
> greatly. However, removing the many-to-many tables would mean code
> changes. A quick way round i would be to index both columns in the
> 'm-to-m's and also to index the corresponding columns in the parent
> tables. This would increase the scanning time as the indexes would nee
> to be populated but it would speed up retrieval.
The attached file contains the SqueezeCenter 7.0 table definitions, as
you can see there are already a lot of indexes setup for both the main
tables and the many-to-many tables. So I'm not sure if you just think
that no indexes exist or if you have really verified that there are
indexes missing that ought to be there.

I haven't verified this 100%, but I think all the columns which are
included in a join directive should be indexed and probably also most
(if not all) of the columns which are part of where directives.

If you enable the "database.sql" logging parameter in SqueezeCenter
settings, you should be able to see exactly how the SQL statements that
are executed looks like.

|Filename: squeeze70.txt                                            |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5128|

erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))