mherger;315552 Wrote:
> > My point was it need a proper index
>
> There's a link called "All Pages". Doesn't this cover your needs?
>
> > and yes there are various ways to search anywhere.
>
> I find searching so much easier, I almost have given up
> bookmarks/favorites. If I need some information about XY, google will
> find
> it so much faster than I'd do in my favorites. Plus it's up to date.
>
> The same applies imho to a wiki. If you're looking for a given keyword,
>
> why not let the machine do the search for you? There's no quicker way,
> as
> even in an index you'd have to look for that keyword (manually or using
>
> the browser's search tool).
>
> > Reference books have done this for years
>
> When did I pick up an encyclopedia last time? A dictionary? Timetable?
> don't even bother owning them. An internet search will bring up the
> results faster.
>
> I know, everybody doesn't like this approach. But it's worth a thought
>
> anyway :-).
>
> Michael
Well I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want to think up a keyword
and would rather browse and learn.  Judging by complexity complaints in
the forum I would think you would want to make it as easy to find stuff
as possible.  But it looks as though I'm wrong on this as I'm the only
one that feels this way.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality