I use Leopard OS X with iTunes and wanted a way to browse music folders
without adding media to iTunes. So I figured I would set Slimserver to
use iTunes AND scan a folder as well which I could then browse.

The folder is on an external FW drive. The media was added but I could
not use the browse folder option on the controller nor on the web gui
(I could however see the media when browsing by album, artist, etc).

At first the "browse folder" option did not appear on my remote so I
had to turn it off and on. Then it appeared but when I chose it it just
hung there until I turned if off again. You can verify that you have
"browse folder" functionality with this link.

http://127.0.0.1:9000/browsetree.html

So I removed the path /Volumes/Spock/new music and instead made a
folder in mys users music folder called "new music" and added that
instead. Voilá. It worked.

Next I will try with a symlink  to the external drive and report back
to you guys.

--
Random Access