ralphpnj;321545 Wrote:
> I've been using the built-in Last.fm scrobbling to automatically submit
> my Transporter/Squeezebox playing history to my profile on Last.fm and
> it works great. However, being a jazz fan and an avid jazz listener
> I've noticed that my last.fm profile tends not to accurately portray my
> real listening habits.
>
> You're probably wondering what the heck I'm talking about since what's
> shown on last.fm profile page is an accurate history of all the songs
> that I've played. So what I'm talking about is the fact that most jazz
> tunes (and also classical compositions) tend to be quite a bit longer
> than most rock or pop music tunes and so while I might listen to one
> rock CD for every two or three jazz CDs, the number of tracks played
> shown on my Last.fm profile page is weighted in favor of the rock
> tracks. I.e. shorter track lengths means more tracks "scrobbled" in a
> given time period but not necessarily more time spent listening to the
> shorter tracks.
>
> Okay, I feel better now that I've got that off my chest.

What we need is a "slash". Last.FM should list Total Tracks and Total
Time. Have you looked for a Total Time Listened Plugin for Last.FM? I
am going to have a look tonight. There are all those guys that build
the badges, some clever person must have a way to do the same with time
as is done with tracks.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5