danniboi;322414 Wrote:
> This moirning I brought my squeezebox duet over to a friends house to
> audition at his house after weeks of bragging about how the duet was
> man's highest technical achievement to date........
> Thanks in advance.

Not much help but would agree that the New Wireless Network is the
place to look as it worked at your home.

A quick note about auditioning any Slim Devices produces away from ones
home. Take a laptop and keep everything local to ones laptop. Don't mess
with other peoples networks for they are the huge unknown plus after one
leaves something of theirs might not work properly and guess who they
are going to call! I think it is completely OK to borrow an internet
connect to show network music services but only by bringing a
connection to the Duet or laptop.

I keep everything local to the Duet and run it in Ad-hoc mode so that I
am not using their wireless network (most demos are SB3 or Transporter
for me).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5