maggior;324423 Wrote:
> I've read in other threads that a good number of people had to do the
> same thing.  It has something to do with the fact that the database
> schema has changed.  They are collecting data on it.  It's early on,
> but so far it seems the need to flush the cache may be a Linux specific
> issue.
>
> Here's a link to the thread in question:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=50399

worked clean on Windows Vista for me, but perhaps future upgrades could
flush cache automatically as part of the process.

A little more concerning, I think, is the original poster being told to
do a clean install which wiped out his library and plug-ins...for
naught.  I had a problem connecting to Rhapsody about two months ago
and the tech I spoke to wanted me to do a factory reset and
re-configure the duet for my wireless network.  Fortunately, while on
hold waiting for my call to make its way thru the queue, I found these
forums.  There was a thread documenting the problem (issue was between
SN and Rhapsody) which I was reading about the same time he picked up.
I don't think the on-call guys have access to these boards or are not
reading them if they do.  Telling people to do clean installs or
factory resets that sets them way back and does not address the problem
is probably a bad first plan of attack.

On the plus side, for me 7.1 rocks.  No issues on vista and I love the
higher quality Rhapsody sound.  Kudos to the development team.  Good
work guys.

--
raaurora