cavediver;325856 Wrote:
> I chose wav for my archive format because I don't care about storage
> space as I have a lot and can add as much more when I need it. Storage
> is not expensive. And with wav files, I can convert them to any format
> I want or need at the time.
>
> Ok, the tags thing. I've never really understood the tags issue. What
> is a tag and what does it do for me? With my Squeezebox setup I have
> now, I don't see any difference with the wav files or the flac files.
> They both look and play the same.

You can convert FLAC to any format you want also, including back to
WAV. db poweramp will handle everything for you including adding tags,
artwork, replaygain, conversion to multiple formats at the same time,
etc.
You're right, storage is cheap, but why use 40% to 50% more than you
really need for no advantage?
What are you using to rip?

Jim

--