Brian,

Your first comment makes a lot of sense. I think that option is definitely
off the table.

Paying a member fee is an interesting thought. I guess I hadn't considered
that. I have been mostly thinking that it makes sense to give full time
staff, payed or not, special representation on the board. In other words,
I'm not sure I want a possibility for someone to be able to just "buy in"
to that class, whatever we call it.