Thank you. I think you did a good job of answering my questions.

To summarize:

The emphasis is on funding public works.

In theory, it is possible and acceptable to become employed working on a
Snowdrift-hosted project, even for personal profit. Though, ideally, such
employees would value the contribution to society over personal profit.

A project hosted on Snowdrift does not have to be a legal non-profit.

A project hosted on Snowdrift may even be closely affiliated with a business,
provided the project is fully FLO and all monies from Snowdrift go directly to
the project.

Aside: Project visionaries should keep in mind the option of making further
Snowdrift-hosed projects related to their originals. Business is not the only
way of handling growth. Maybe some plugins/modules need a different funding
base, so they should be their own project(s). When like-minded people come
together, crazy synergies can happen, i.e., growth. Visionaries coming to
Snowdrift should be prepared for this and know their options.

Thank you,

Jake