HI Peter,

My feeling these days is that it can't really be done, any more than you can put people who don't yet know calculus in an intermediate course on differential equations. What we can and should do is make the level of the course clear, and encourage people who are either too advanced or not yet ready for it to wait for the next workshop that's at the appropriate level.

Cheers,
Greg

On 2015-10-27 11:39 AM, Peter Steinbach wrote:
Hi Raniere et al,

thanks for the pointers for recording the terminal history, I'd like to get back to my more general question though ... how to give participants that are not up to the level of the course a chance to follow? I don't wanna drag them all through, at some point there has to be a limit for the sake of the remaining crowd. But still, I'd like to hear people's experience on this.

Best,
Peter