Hey all,

I'm giving a brief (10 minute) presentation next week at a ASU Physics
department faculty meeting to convince the department to support annual an SWC
workshop targeted to graduate students each January. I don't think it will be a
hard sell, since the chair was already impressed by the feedback from our
workshop this January <http://smallerthings.org/2016-01-07_asu_physics/>, but
is there a reasonably up-to-date set of materials I can draw from to make it an
easy decision for them?

The department has already made strides in improving the computational
education of their undergraduates with a new Computational Methods in Physics
<http://asu-compmethodsphysics-phy494.github.io/ASU-PHY494/about/> course, for
which we've drawn heavily from the SWC playbook in putting together. The annual
SWC workshop should help to fill in the gaps for incoming graduate students
that didn't get to benefit from such a course in their own undergrad program.

Thanks!

David