Should we not mistake the tool for the task?  A hammer and a
screwdriver are different tools for different tasks, but if a
screwdriver with a 2" shaft and one with a 4" shaft will both tighten
and loosen the same screw, who's to say that one is the 'right' one to
use?  As Greg's pointed out, we teach the tools, but really we're
trying to teach the practices.

Greg, how far off 'good enough' practices does that blog post sound?

-- bennet