I find things like this really helpful for allowing people to follow along as you go, and students seem to really appreciate having the record to download and refer back to.

A Dropbox public links works well for this too. For R, I usually save the script somewhere in Dropbox (or other cloud service), and then give the learners the link to the file. It updates whenever you save, and they can just refresh their browser to get the up-to-date version.

For those who haven't come across it yet: when teaching shell and git, this tip to modify your bash prompt to echo the last line of history to a text file works really well:
https://software-carpentry.org/blog/2015/05/instructor-debriefing-2015-04-28.html

Best,
Naupaka