My bad - I misspelled his surname - it's Pearse.
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/hargrave/pearse1.html
http://www.nzedge.com/heroes/pearse.html
http://chrisbrady.itgo.com/pearse/pearse.htm
http://www.nzhistory.net.nz/Gallery/Pearse/Pearse.html
http://www.destination.co.nz/temuka/pearse.htm
http://www.auckland-airport.co.nz/NewsHistory/aviators.php?pearse
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/geoff.rodliffe/
http://www.answers.com/topic/richard-pearse
http://library.christchurch.org.nz/Childrens/FamousNewZealanders/Richard.asp
http://www.enzed.com/hist.html

These should do.  But the important thing is that he never made got anywhere
in his endeavours - partly because he never made any contact with the outside
world until very late on, partly because New Zealand never had time for
anyone who was slightly eccentric.

It's a sad story - and they're now trying to capitalise on his inventiveness
now, when they had no time for him while he was alive.

Wesley Parish

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:47, M. Fioretti wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 21:46:03 PM +1200, Wesley Parish
>
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > One NZ inventor - Richard Pierce - who believed in this
> > "working-in-secret" has the distinction of never having his
> > inventions in the fields of aviation or anything else, actually get
> > taken up anywhere.  So as an inventor he's incredible, as a
> > practical success - he wasted his life.
>
> Any URL for this guy? Couldn't find any info from Google :-(
>
> Ciao,
>       Marco

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?