On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:22, Carl Spitzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 18:34, Gary Edwards wrote:
> > Hi y'all,
> >
> > Recently Netmanage contacted members of the ECCO Pro user group at
> > yahoo, signaling their willingness to open source the application.
> >
> > A wiki site to discuss the proposal has been set up at:
> >
> > http://www.compusol.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
> >
> > I submitted a suggestion that the source code of ECCO be contributed to
> > OpenOffice.org for eventual inclusion in future cross platform versions
>
> I have checked several times.  Where is this source code?

I popped on over to check it out, tried downloading the zipped
file-to-be-open-sourced, but was stopped by "You need to supply a username
and password to access this site"

I tried the time-honoured "anonymous" and email address, but it wasn't having
any of that.

might I respectfully suggest that if Netmanage wants to get the Open Source
version of ECCO Pro out to the widest segment of the population, it let
anybody visiting the site, to download ECCO Pro with as little fuss as
possible?  The more fuss, the less interest; or so I've experienced.

Wesley Parish

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?